Selection for enrollment will begin in May 2022 for the 2022-2023 school year. Recognizing that there may be many more applications than placements available, a lottery will be used to choose students for the program. A waiting list will be established for students not initially chosen for the program. The ECEP Peer Component uses the following procedures to select students who will be enrolled in the program each year:
1. Families must live in Manchester to apply. Applications must be submitted between February 2022 and April 2022. (Date of application deadline is listed on the application)
2. Children must be three years of age by August 31, 2022 in order to have his/her application considered for the program. However, parents of children who will turn three years of age after August 31st may submit an application to be placed on the waiting list on or after their child’s third birthday. The waiting list is for openings that may occur when enrolled children leave the program during the year.
3. Children who are age eligible for Kindergarten (turn five years old on or before December 31, 2022) are not eligible for the Early Childhood Education Program.
4. Applications will not be held from one year to the next. For students not already enrolled in ECEP, a new application must be submitted for each upcoming year. In addition, if a parent refuses an opening in the ECEP or moves to another town while your child is on a waiting list, their name is removed from the waiting list.
As a peer model, we expect your child to demonstrate the following:
- Age appropriate cognitive, motor, social, and speech/language skills.
- The ability to initiate and maintain positive interactions with children.
- Participate and sustain attention in group activities.
- Follow adult directions.
Once the application is completed, ECEP staff will invite your child to come in for a playgroup as part of the application process. Staff will observe your child to see if they demonstrate age appropriate social skills, interactions with staff and peers, language, etc.
Fees for Peer Model Program range from ($725.00 - $775.00)
Please click here to fill out an application for our lottery.