The Manchester Public School district has a multi-dimensional communications plan that involves staff from throughout the system. Highlights in addition to this website include:
- MPS This Week -- Sent to Pre-K to 4 families at the start of each school week, it includes a note from the superintendent, tips for supporting students from home and much more. This newsletter is also archived on the district homepage.
- Best of Bennet -- Capturing happenings on our grade 5-6 campus and also produced and distributed weekly (and archived on the Bennet homepage).
- Inside Illing -- This weekly newsletter has “News, Notes and More For And From The Illing Middle School Community.” (Archived on the IMS homepage)
- MHS Digest -- Serving the Manchester High School community, it is emailed each week to families staff and students at the high school and posted on the school website. (Archived on the MHS homepage.)
- OneManchester -- This newsletter is the most comprehensive source of news in Manchester, covering both town and school events, and is sent weekly to all district families and to hundreds of other subscribers, and is also widely distributed on social media. (Archived on the district homepage.)
Manchester Public Schools App
Lunch menus, bus schedules, grades and attendance information -- it’s all at your fingertips. The app can be downloaded. The app is part of our ‘Blackboard Communications System” that we also use to contact families through via automated email, voicemail and text.
- Facebook -- Postings and pictures of MPS events
- Instagram -- We have a popular ‘Humans of Manchester (Public Schools)” gallery that features more than 500 people from our school and beyond. (The gallery is on Facebook, too.)
- Twitter -- We have an account for the district @MPSpride and at most of our schools (e.g., MPS_Martin).
- Jim Farrell - District Communications Director
- Paul Ofria - Communications Content Specialist
- Erin Ortega - Blackboard/App coordinator
- Ryan Gohla - District Website Manager (and PreK-4 webmaster)
School-based communications personnel:
- Manchester Preschool Center -- Paul Ofria
- Bowers -- Kathyrn Holdt and Corinne Colman
- Buckley -- Kendra Monstream
- Highland -- Jen Smyth and Sharon Willhelm
- Keeney -- Tricia Malan and Jen Jalbert
- Martin -- Mary Hrenko
- Verplanck -- Ronnie Suraci
- Waddell -- Katrina Torres and Terry Doherty
- Bennet -- Brigitte Guerrera and Tricia Rafala
- Illing Middle School -- Paul Rippington
- Manchester Regional Academy -- Jason Daniels
- Bentley -- Dave Mazzotta
- Manchester High School -- Pam Fontaine and Rachel Disco