Frequently Asked Questions
Q. If I run into technical issues, who should I contact?
A. Since are moving back to the CT TEAM Dashboard, any technical issues should be sent through the Technical Support Link on your dashboard.
Q. How many contact hours are supposed to be logged? Who logs the meetings?
A. There should be 10 contact hours per module between mentor and mentee. If the mentee is doing 2 modules during the school year, there should be 20 hours total. Mentors are responsible for logging contact hours on the Google Form. Please note, if sufficient hours are not logged by the deadline, full payment will not be issued.
Q. Are there deadlines for reflection paper submission?
A. Yes. The district has set deadlines for having the module reflection papers submitted through the CT TEAM Platform. Those deadlines are given at the beginning of the school year, and are listed on the calendar on Manchester's TEAM Resource Page.
- PGAP Due October 29th
- Paper Due: January 31st
- PGAP Due: February 28th
- Paper Due: June 2nd
Q. What are the deadlines for TEAM completion?
A.This all depends on your TEAM start date and how many modules you have to complete.
- Category 1 (5 modules) - The State of CT suggests this is completed within 2 years of your TEAM entry date, and you will have full mentor support. If there are unforseen circumstances, the State will allow you to go into a 3rd year.
- Category 2 (2 modules) - The State of CT suggests this is completed within 1 year of your TEAM entry date, and you will have full mentor support. If there are unforseen circumstances, the State will allow you to go into a 2nd year.
Q. What if I don't complete the TEAM process in the alloted time?A. The State of CT has just released protocol on consequences for not completing TEAM within the allotted 3 years. According to the CSDE:"The consequence of not meeting timelines for TEAM completion, results in the loss of the teacher's initial educator certificate and ineligibility for the provisional certificate. To regain eligibility for reissuance of the initial educator certificate, the teacher must fulfill the requirements of intervening study and experience, which includes:Study:A requirement for study and a reflection paper focused on Domain Six of the Common Core of Teaching: Professional Responsibility and Teacher Leadership and Connecticut's Code of Professional Responsibility for Teachers will be necessary to complete. Guidelines for the study and paper will be provided by the CSDE.Experience:
- A long term substitute position for 40 full-time consecutive working days in one position (in a public or a private school in CT) in a grade and content area appropriate to the certificate that the candidate wishes to have reissued;
- 250 volunteer hours within one school year (in a public or a private school in CT) in a grade and content area appropriate to the certificate that the candidate wishes to have reissued;
Final Interview:Upon attestation of successful teaching by the employing board of education or board of education providing for a teaching experience and a successful completion of study described above, an interview will be required with CSDE TEAM Consultant or TEAM RESC representative prior to recommendation for reissuance of the initial educator certificate.In addition, teachers must take and meet standards on any new or regenerated tests (Praxis II, Foundations of Reading, etc) currently required for a teacher's endorsement area, that were not required at the time of the issuance of the teacher's original certificate."Q. How will I know that I have completed TEAM? Will the state send me something?A. You will receive an e-mail from the Office of Teaching & Learning once they have received notification that you have completed the TEAM process.Q. TEAM is complete. Now what?A. You can apply for your provisional educator certificate. You will need to apply online through the C.E.C.S System and complete the ED126. This breakdown will give you more details.
- Documentation by the district/school in which the individual completes the substitute teaching or volunteer experience that the person's performance is effective.
Contacts - TEAM
Talent Development Specialist