Latest News and Information
- Superintendent's Update (Oct. 28): K-4 hybrid learners return to school Monday-Friday starting Monday, Nov. 2 while grades 5-12 will remain in the current hybrid model.
- Superintendent's Update (Oct. 16): K-4 hybrid learners returning to school five days per week starting Nov. 2.
Superintendent's Update (Oct. 8): No classes for hybrid or remote learners on Monday, Oct 12; looking ahead to November.
- Superintendent's Update (Sept 18): Students and staff in both hybrid and remote models adapting well to the new normal.
- Superintendent's Update (Sept. 17): Device distribution and tech support.
- Superintendent's update (Sept. 14): Instructional options, remote-learning etiquette, and meal distribution information.
- Superintendent's Update (Sept. 14): Safety reminders and more as we move into the first full week of instruction.
More communications: Check our archives to see the full District Reopening Plan as well as earlier memos and emails from the superintendent.
The State of Connecticut, through the Everybody Learns initiative, is working to ensure all students without a home internet connection get online for remote learning. If you do not have a Cox Communications Cable Internet connection at home or if you are only using a hotspot to get online, help is available. More information is available in English and Spanish in this Letter.
Kindergarten Registration: Any child who will be five years of age on or before January 1, 2021 and meets all residency requirements is eligible to begin kindergarten at the start of the 2020-2021 school year. We want to make the registration process as seamless as possible and hope information on this page of our website answers all of your questions. If not, please contact Milka Frison at email@example.com
Board of Education Meeting
The next Board of Education meeting is Monday, Dec. 14 at 7 p.m. and will be broadcast on Silk City Television and streamed live on the district Facebook page. Members of the public are able to submit questions remotely both before and during the meeting and can also sign up in advance (by 5 p.m. on the night of a meeting) to take part in the public comment session). Click here for more information.