Latest News and Information
- The MPS BOE Meeting on October 14th has been cancelled
- Covid Information: Our case tracker is updated regularly
- Superintendent's Update Sept. 21: COVID health and safety procedures.
Superintendent's Update Aug 24: Health and safety, and other important reminders prior to the start of the school year.
- Superintendent's Update Aug. 12: Important back-to-school information.
- Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Service Plan (Draft): English / Spanish / Feedback Form
More communications: Check our archives to see the full District Reopening Plan as well as earlier memos and emails from the superintendent.
Mission & Creed
The Verplanck Community will...
GROW............provide all children with a positive environment for growth
RESPECT.......instill in the children the need for mutual respect
EDUCATE.......strive to provide and maintain an instructional program that will improve the basic skills of the children.
ACHIEVE.........inspire children to achieve to their fullest potential
TOGETHER.....strive together to prepare the child with life long social and educational skills
This is recited each morning by the Verplanck Scholars each morning.
I am a student seeking to be a scholar. The standard is excellence today and tomorrow. I am disciplined, respectful, and responsible. I am on a mission to educate myself, my community, and humanity.
Verplanck's School-wide Expectations
Verplanck Elementary School
126 Olcott Street
Manchester, CT 06042
School Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.