Dear Waddell Families,
February was a snowy month but ended with above normal temperature and it looks like spring is getting a lot closer.
Here are some highlights from Waddell from the past few weeks:
- We are welcoming Bryan Lewchik who will be starting as a 4th grade teacher in room 19 next week.
- Our 4th and 5th grade student went to visit UCONN and attended a UCONN Women's basketball game. UCONN was able to keep their undefeated season alive!
- All classes participated in a presentation by LiLu, who is a Chinese Acrobat. Her presentation was breathtaking and jaw dropping. I tried some of the moves but I pulled my back.
- A group of parents and staff from Waddell met three times with the Anti-Defamation League for training on equity this month. This group will continue this work to continue to make sure Waddell feels like second home for all of our students and families.
February renovations have been delayed and we will send out more information next week with an updated timeline. For more information, articles, and pictures of the proposed renovation, please visit our main page, www.mpspride.org, where you will find it as one of the main stories. We anticipate having another evening in the May with the Superintendent to discuss progress at Waddell and the transition to the Cheney Building in Bennet this upcoming fall.
This month we have a lot of exciting events that our students and staff will be attending.
- The Science Fair and Invention Convention,
- Read Across America Day
- Down Syndrome Awareness Day
- Waddell’s Spring Book Fair
- The PTA has their first ever Mini Golf night where they will be transforming Waddell School into a mini golf course. This will take place on March 17th, so wear your green!
And don’t forget next week we will be having parent teacher conferences on Tuesday March 7th, Wednesday March 8th and Thursday March 9th.
March 1st – School Governance, 6:30pm
March 2nd – Science Fair, 5:30pm
March 3rd – Read Across America Day
March 3rd- 3rd Grade Informational Writing Unit Celebration, 2:00pm
March 6th- Munson’s orders are due!
March 7th – EARLY DISMISSAL @ 1:17pm (Parent/Teacher Conferences)
March 7th – PTA Meeting, 6:30pm
March 8th - EARLY DISMISSAL @ 1:17pm (Parent/Teacher Conferences)
March 9th - EARLY DISMISSAL @ 1:17pm (Parent/Teacher Conferences)
March 13th – March 17th- Scholastic Book Fair
March 14th – 2nd Grade Field Trip to the West Hartford Children’s Museum
March 16th – 1st Grade Lunch Bunch, 1:10pm
March 17th- 2nd Grade Lunch Bunch, 12:10pm
March 17th – PTA Mini Golf Night, 6:00pm
March 21st – Down Syndrome Awareness Day/Funky Sock Day!
March 23rd – 1st Grade Hartford Symphony Orchestra Performance (at Waddell)
March 27th – Family Math Night. 6:00pm
March 30th – Mrs. Alexandrin’s KF Lunch Bunch, 11:05am
March 31st – 5th Grade Orchestra Rehearsal, 9:30am (at MHS)